Thursday, February 28, 2013

Christmas

Christmas this year was kind of bitter sweet. As far as our family went we had a very nice christmas! This year was different though because a few days before christmas some friends of ours lost their sweet little boy. I can't even imagine how they made it through the holidays. My biggest fear is the same as everybody else, losing a child. We wanted so badly to be able to help them through this time but what do you do? It was nice being able to have the girls home for Christmas vaction and just hold them close. I am so grateful for Heavenly Fathers Plan and the comfort it gives me. I know there are MANY days that my faith in Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ are the only thing that get me through the day. 

This year we stuck with tradition and went to my grandma and grandpas on christmas eve to see Santa Cluas. Shaylee was still to scared to sit on his lap but he came and talked to her so I at least have a picture this year!

IMG 2289

IMG 2291

IMG 2293

Grandma and Gramdpa gave the girls birthstone necklaces for Christmas!

IMG 2297

Taylor and Pagie with their necklaces! They love that they have the same birthstone :)

IMG 2298

After all the excitement at grandmas we went over to Fairview to watch my parents open their gifts. Every year the girls bring a gift to open while we are there. By the time we get home the girls are ready to set out milk and cookies and go to bed!

I didn't get any good pictures christmas morning but Taylor got a razor power wing scooter, a new bed spread, Lego friends and clothes. Brooklyn got a tumbling mat, roller skates, monster high dolls and clothes and Shaylee got a tumbling mat, basket ball hop, toy gun and clothes! We had a very good Christmas and as always I'm so thankful for the true meaning of Christmas and that my girls always remember why we celebrate :)

IMG 2323

 

IMG 2320

IMG 2324

No comments: