On February 16th I got a phone call from the elementary saying that Taylor had fallen at recess and bumped her mouth. They told me they had got the bleeding stopped but that maybe i should come take a look at her. I had been cleaning all day so i had just gotten out of the shower and wrapped my hair in a towel when they called, of course i didn't want to go to the school looking like that so I sent Mike not thinking her injury was going to be that bad. Needless to say when Mike showed up at home with a teary eyed Taylor at his side I was not expecting to see what she had to show me.....
Yep that's it, she broke her front tooth right off! She had been playing with some kids at recess (a game kind of like tag) and when one of the little boys grabbed her by the arm and leg she went down hitting her mouth on the sidewalk!!!! OUCH! For about 10 seconds i handled it ok but then i realized it was a permanent tooth and my stomach dropped!! If you know me, you know that teeth are a big deal to me and i was kind of worried about how it was going to look after it was fixed (I know that shouldnt have been my worry but it was one of them) i also didn't want her to have to go through a root canal and all of that fun stuff. I called her dentist and he wanted to see her that night. So we waited the rest of the day and as you can imagine it was painful for Taylor. Everytime she opened her mouth or tried to eat or drink it would hurt her tooth and her
mouth just plain hurt from hitting it so hard :(
She was so brave while Dr. Conner fixed her tooth! She loves Dr. Conner so that's always a plus when pain is involved!! He took xrays of her teeth and so far it looks like the tooth isn't going to die so for now no root canal! He fixed her tooth although he said later down the road when she is older we will need to put a crown on it.
Here she is happy as can be! She made me promise her that i wouldn't make her go to school until her tooth was fixed so she was very happy when Dr. Conner finished and it looked good as new!!



1 comment:
Holy Cow...why did I know nothing of this...what an ordeal!!! I feel so bad. The new tooth looks great...but of course it does because she is so cute...
Post a Comment