Saturday, July 9, 2011

She is so BRAVE!!

Taylor has been growing up so much lately. I am so proud of her. She has started making her own “milk” each morning. She is so carful to make sure she gets everything weighted out just right and she is also so carful at trying to not make a mess while she is making it which I LOVE!!!! This morning (7-09-11) it was time to do both her and Shaylee’s blood work and she told me she wanted to do her own……….. I wasn’t sure how I felt about it and to be honest I really didn’t think when it came down to it she would dare. Well boy was I wrong!!!! She was very scared and she almost talked herself out of it a few times but every time I would say just let me do it today and you can try again next time she would look and me and say NO I want to do it! Well guess what, she did it and not just the poke but the preparation, the poke and putting the blood on the filter paper the “right” way!! She was so carful and so brave. I am so proud of her and who she becoming as she grows each day.

DSC02403

She cleaned her fingers with a cleansing cloth, warmed up the heat pad and is now warming her finger tips. They need to get four big drops of blood on the filter paper and so the warming of the fingers help the fingers to bleed better!

DSC02404

This is the part she was scared about. It took a few try's of being brave enough to push as hard as she needed to to get a good slice of her finger but she did it!!!

DSC02406

She is making sure that each circle is filled up with only one big drop of blood instead of a bunch of little drops of blood just like she is suppose too! If you use a bunch of little drops of blood instead of one big drop the test is not very accurate. 

She is such a special girl and I hope she knows how much I love her!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Taylor!!!!!!! That is awesome! What an amazing little girl she is!! I am so so so proud of her!! xoxo

The Johnsons said...

Way to go Taylor!